Mountain House Cafe & Shoppe
- Located in the Mountain House, enter from the Balcony
- Open 6 a.m. – 10 p.m. daily
- Cafe features “grab & go” cuisine perfect for dining on the premises (balcony, patio, dining room) or for taking on picnics
- Call 304.932.0677 for assistance if staff is not in the Hall
Hamilton’s Tavern 1840
- Hamilton’s Tavern 1840 at Heritage House is where craft meets casual, neighbors meet visitors and friends become family.
- Harper’s Ferry is redefining what it means to be a historic town. In the past decade, it has seen new life, and a development of a food scene that is craft, casual, and expressive is the next step in a natural evolution.
- Harpers Ferry sees hundreds of thousands of visitors from all corners of the world each year. Hamilton’s Tavern 1840 has curated a diverse menu encompassing flavors and influences from all over the world. From our Caribbean Jerk Fish Tacos to our Asian inspired pickle board and Steak Salad. Our feature items are the “Meat at the Creamery charcuterie board” and “Cheese your own Mac & Cheese.” Finished with Grandma T’s Classic Cheese Cake and seasonal fruits.
- Hamilton’s Tavern features craft-casual, seasonal cuisine & beer & wine that reflect a global influence, complemented by exceptional hospitality & service within our historically and geographically unique village.
- We pride ourselves on our hospitality approach and want each and every guest to feel as though they are in our home and enjoying a good meal with great friends. The overall experience at Hamilton’s Tavern 1840 will leave you our guest brimming with anticipation for the next visit!
Other Dining Options and Information
- Only food purchased from the restaurant can be eaten at the tables during the hours the restaurant is open.
- Each room contains a fridge and a microwave.
- Complimentary coffee and tea are available in each room.
- A 24/7 Wal-Mart is located approximately 6 miles from the Inn, and a 7-Eleven is located about 2 miles from the Inn.
- Alcohol can be brought to the Inn and consumed in guest rooms and in the parlor and in our inside dining area. According to the West Virginia law, alcohol cannot be served on the front patios of the Inn.