Policies of The Inn
• Rooms are cleaned between 11:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. We try to be flexible during
this window of time to accommodate guests arriving at the Inn and guests
departing from the Inn, but a fee of $10/hour may be added to your bill for late
check-out unless special arrangements are made in advance.
• If you have one of the private Inn parking spaces, your car must be removed by
1:00 unless other arrangements have been made.
• The washer/dryer is not self-service. Please let us know if you want laundry done.
• The ceiling fans are NOT to be used if the top bunks are in use.
• Please use rags from the “Rag Bag” rather than bath towels for cleaning shoes,
• Electronic devices (televisions, radios, etc.) should be used with headphones so
that other guests are not disturbed.
• Bicycles should be locked up on the back patio --- they are not allowed inside the
• You may bring alcohol into your room and enjoy it on the second and third floors
of the Inn, but only wine and beer purchased at the restaurant may be consumed
on the patios of 179 High Street according to West Virginia law. (No alcohol on
• Please return your keys to the office or to Inn staff in the envelope in which you
received them. Please note that your credit card may be charged $10 if the keys
are not returned.
• Smoking, candles, lanterns, and other fires are not permitted inside the buildings
due to insurance and fire regulations.
Questions, suggestions, and comments should be directed to Karan Townsend, whose
office and living quarters are on the first floor of the Inn.