About the Inn
The Town’s Inn consists of two historic residences (circa 1840): the Heritage House (179 High Street) & the Mountain House (175 High Street). The Inn is situated in the heart of historic Harpers Ferry, which is located at the confluence of the Potomac River and Senandoah River and is surrounded by the Harpers Ferry National Historic Park (http://www.nps.gov/), the Chesapeake and Ohio National Park (http://www.nps.gov/co), and the AppalachianTrail National Park (www.nps.gov). You will find a cluster of private shops andrestaurants, museums, rivers, trails, and the Amtrak / MARC train station within a few steps of the Inn. Located fewer than 70 miles from Washington, DC; Northern Virginia; and Baltimore, the Inn is a self-contained destination that provides not only year-round lodging but also dining and shopping from 6 a.m. – 10 p.m. daily and special programs of educational & recreational activities from November through April.
Renovation and restoration of the Heritage House commenced 1 March 2007, and the official Chamber of Commerce ribbon-cutting opening was 21 August, 2007. The first floor contains a full service restaurant, Bistro 1840, that serves visitors as well as local residents from 11:00 a.m. through 7:00 p.m. daily. The second floor consists of the Appalachian Room and Potomac Room, as well as the slate tile bathrooms that were updated and renovated in 2007. The third floor consists of the Shenandoah Room and the parlor, which is a common area for guests in all three rooms.
The Mountain House building of the Town’s Inn, purchased in 2014, sits next door to the main “Heritage House” seen above. The first floor of the Mountain House contains the Town’s Hostel (6 beds and a sitting/conversation area). The second floor of the Mountain House contains the Mountain House Cafe, Shoppe (open daily 6 a.m. – 10 p.m.), the Reception Hall (open 24/7), and an ATM machine. The third floor of the Mountain House contains one guest room (the Mountain View Room) and two long-term rental rooms (River View East and River View West).